[RFC] Port for nspluginwrapper

Dave Grochowski malus.x at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 23:48:36 UTC 2007

Hey,

Eric Anderson wrote:
> On 03/31/07 17:44, Dave Grochowski wrote:
>> Hey,
>>
>> Eric Anderson wrote:

>>> Installs ok, but didn't seem to find any plugins, even with the
>>> linux-flash9 installed.  If I try to point it at the flash plugin
>>> directly, it says something like: "not a valid nspluginwrapper plugin"
>>>

>>> Eric
>>>
>> Try running "nspluginwrapper -v -a -i". I have a typo in the
>> pkg-message. I'll reupload it later tonight.
>
> Oh.  Yes, that makes it work better.  Thanks!
>
> One thing to mention - it creates core dumps each time I access flash
> media.  I've got flash9 installed, and most flash play until the end,
> then core dump (segfault sig 11).   A few core dump in the middle.  I
> have a core dump, but have not attempted to compile the port with
> debugging installed yet.  npviewer.bin seems to be the core file creator.
>
> Eric

npviewer.bin is actually a Linux/i386 binary, so recompiling won't make
a difference. I just extract it from an RPM. I would first try using
Flash 7 and see how that goes. Flash 7 doesn't seem to crash my laptop
at all, while Flash 9 crashes regularly. Considering Flash 9 also
crashes frequently with linux-firefox, I assume its an issue with its
emulation and not the wrapper.

Sincerely,
Dave Grochowski