[emulation] ports/95158: The port linux_base-fc3 misses two fundamental packages

Gerald Pfeifer gerald at pfeifer.com
Sat Apr 1 23:34:26 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2 Apr 2006, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> libselinux on the other side is a little bit different. I haven't
> looked at the contents of this package, but it sounds like it's related
> to "security enhanced linux".

Yes, that's what it is.

> AFAIK this needs kernel support, which we don't have. But this is just a
> wild guess at midnight, it may be wrong...

I believe you are right.  The one thing I do not know is whether
applications linked against libselinux, or libselinux itself, will
fail graciously in case kernel support is missing.  If this is the
case, it might make sense to include it even if, obviously, we do
not have the kernel support.

Gerald