New /dev/rtc driver for vmware

Mike Silbersack silby at silby.com
Tue Jan 27 19:59:49 PST 2004

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Charles N. Owens wrote:

> Mke,
>
> Thanks for you work on this!
>
> I have a few minor questions:
>
>    1. how tricky will it be to get device node cloning to work (item #2
>       on your todo list)?  Any idea when this might happen?
>    2. Does your new rtc work well under FreeBSD 4.x (4.9 to be
>       specific)?  With 4.x can it be used with multiple guests right
>       now?  (via manual mknod'ing of additional /dev/rtc* entriies, I'm
>       guessing)
>
> Charles

The new rtc should work fine on 4.x, at least for one guest.  I can't give
a good estimate on when I'll have device cloning implemented or whether
mknoding additional nodes works, because I really don't understand the
cloning situation well yet. :)

I'll be posting a slightly updated version that works at hz != 1000 in the
next two days or so, either way.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack