system locks up with vr driver on alix board

Julian Elischer julian at freebsd.org
Wed Aug 17 03:54:31 UTC 2011

On 8/16/11 5:14 PM, Ask Bjørn Hansen wrote:
from your description it doesn't sound like a vr problem.
I suggest you hook up teh serial console (I am guessing you already have)
and set the config options to allow break-to-debugger or
alt-break-to-debugger on it
when it happens next, drop into the debugger..

in fact, drop in, and do a ps to see what processes are runnable,
'tr [pid] (or thread id)' to get a stack trace of anything that looks
interesting, and then cont and do it again a few times to get a feel
for where the processor is hanging out (a straight 'tr' will give you
the interrupt of the com port which is not intresting..)