Arduino on FreeBSD, native and WINE

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Tue Feb 9 00:05:06 UTC 2010

On Mon, 8 Feb 2010, Henrik Brix Andersen wrote:

> On Feb 8, 2010, at 22:57, Wojciech A. Koszek wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 08, 2010 at 02:14:05PM -0700, Warren Block wrote:
>>> Some notes on installing the Arduino environment, either native or in WINE.
>>>

>> Warren,
>>
>> Would you be willing to put following information in the FreeBSD wiki?
>
> Sounds like a FreeBSD port for this would be easy to do...

That's what I had in mind while writing notes.  A meta-port for the
tools would be easy.  A full port including the java stuff brings up
questions of where to put everything.  Somebody better at ports might
have no trouble.

Oh, and I should add that it seems you have to cd to the arduino
directory before running it, or give a --directory option:

cd ~/arduino
./arduino

or

~/arduino/arduino --directory ~/arduino