Patch for adding label support to NanoBSD

Paul Schenkeveld fb-embedded at psconsult.nl
Tue Jul 7 13:34:01 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jul 05, 2009 at 11:40:11PM +0200, Olivier Cochard-Labbé wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> here is a patch that add label support to NanoBSD: This remove the
> need of generate different image (ad0 or da0 boot drive).
> You can download this patch here (tested on current):
> http://bsdrp.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/bsdrp/trunk/nanobsd.glabel.patch

I like the idea but what does this mean for upgrading existing NanoBSD
installations?  From reading the patch it looks like the new _.disk.image
file is not compatible with an existing installation and would be a POLA
violation.

Perhaps a configuration option to choose between the old and new naming
can be added?

> I've merge the 2 update script updatep1 and updatep2 in one script,
> and adapt them to this new label use.
> You can download this new update script here:
> http://bsdrp.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/bsdrp/trunk/Files/usr/local/bin/upgrade

This makes life easier for sure.

Notes on the script itself:
 - use glabel status instead of glabel list to find the provider name, this
   makes the script easier to follow and less vulnerable to future changes
   in the (verbose) output of glabel list.
 - # Check and set final >>varible<< should be spelled variable.

--
Paul Schenkeveld