Problem with NanoBSD login

Espartano espartano.mail at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 08:45:29 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 12:25 AM, Markus Hitter <mah at jump-ing.de> wrote:

> Am 28.10.2008 um 06:38 schrieb Espartano:
>
>> hi people, i have created a NanoBSD image, it boot pretty well.
>>
>> I'm trying to authenticate as root using a serial console but NanoBSD
>> doesn't show the correct login prompt, instead NanoBSD show strange
>> chars and it doesn't let me login in the system.
>
> [...]
>>
>> cp: utimes: /var/var: No such file or directory
>> cp: chown: /var/var: No such file or directory
>> cp: chmod: /var/var: No such file or directory
>> cp: chflags: /var/var: No such file or directory
>
> Why is it looking for /var/var ? This dir usually doesn't exist.

I don't know, i didn't change anything for do that, i going to investigate.

>> Sat Jan  1 00:01:04 UTC 2000
>> àààà
>
> Looks like you did something wrong in /etc/ttys, especially in it's line for
> /dev/ttyd0. Did you perhaps configure it to dial a modem?

:O That was my mistake, i didn't configure the file /etc/ttys, already
i have changed this line:

ttyd0   "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600"   dialup  off secure

ttyd0   "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600"   dialup  on secure

now all is fine thanks a lot :)

--
"Linux is for people who hate Windows, BSD is for people who love UNIX".
"Social Engineer -> Because there is no patch for human stupidity"