Failed to build eclipse with gnome 2.12 (failed on cario)

Mark Hobden markhobden at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 02:50:16 PDT 2005

On 9/14/05, Vladimir Grebenschikov <vova at sw.ru> wrote:

> I've restored required .so libraries from saved packages, eclipse works,
> but with one strange thing in interface: all popup dialogues (like
> progress while CVS updating) are sized abnormally big (about 60 % of
> screen).
>
> Everything else looks ok.

Hi Vladimir,

After updating to the latest version (in the ports tree) of a bunch of
ports (not installing gnome 2.12)  a couple of days ago I had exactly
the same thing happen to me, after spending a long time downgrading
ports to try and work out what caused it, it unexpectedly started
working after installing the jdk 1.4.2 (i had been using 1.5.0).

After removing the jdk 1.4.2 it did not go back to huge sized dialogs
so I still have no idea what caused it.

It would be great if you could let me know if you manage to resolve
this problem what fixed it for you.

Thanks,
--
Mark