Failed to build eclipse with gnome 2.12 (failed on cario)

Vladimir Grebenschikov vova at sw.ru
Wed Sep 14 03:12:58 PDT 2005

В ср, 14/09/2005 в 10:50 +0100, Mark Hobden пишет:
> On 9/14/05, Vladimir Grebenschikov <vova at sw.ru> wrote:
>
> > I've restored required .so libraries from saved packages, eclipse works,
> > but with one strange thing in interface: all popup dialogues (like
> > progress while CVS updating) are sized abnormally big (about 60 % of
> > screen).
> >
> > Everything else looks ok.
>
> Hi Vladimir,
>
> After updating to the latest version (in the ports tree) of a bunch of
> ports (not installing gnome 2.12)  a couple of days ago I had exactly
> the same thing happen to me, after spending a long time downgrading
> ports to try and work out what caused it, it unexpectedly started
> working after installing the jdk 1.4.2 (i had been using 1.5.0).
>
> After removing the jdk 1.4.2 it did not go back to huge sized dialogs
> so I still have no idea what caused it.

Hm, strange, before gnome upgrade I have updated all ports, and I think
I've rebuilt eclipse month or two ago. All was ok.

Also I has both 1.4.2 and 1.5.0 jdk installed. And I've use 1.5.0 jdk
for eclipse for long time. No ideas how it is related to jdk version.
(both jdk and eclipse does not changed during my transition gnome-2.10
-> gnome-2.12).
The only difference - glib* and gdk* (and other gnome staff) was
upgraded and old libraries was preserved in compat directories.

Just tried with jdk-1.4.2 and jdk-1.5.0 - no difference.

> It would be great if you could let me know if you manage to resolve
> this problem what fixed it for you.

No clue so far.

--
Vladimir B. Grebenschikov