missing system struct definitions during compilation files in /usr/lib/dtrace/ in local releng/10.1 build

Mark Johnston markj at FreeBSD.org
Tue Dec 9 00:19:16 UTC 2014

On Tue, Dec 09, 2014 at 01:14:32AM +0100, Viktor Štujber wrote:
> I built the kernel using 'make buildkernel' using a kernconf derived
> from GENERIC, only difference is some 'device' entries added and
> removed. I did keep a backup of the old kernel, so I ran ctfdump -S on
> both of them:
>
> old: total number of struct members      = 38700
> new: total number of struct members      = 528
>
> So there's definitely something to this. If all else fails, I'll remove
> make.conf / src.conf and build GENERIC to see if I can get a baseline
> setup that works.

Can you try recompiling the 10.1 kernel? There were some changes in the
transition from clang 3.3 to 3.4 which broke the ctf tools. If the 10.1
kernel was built with the 10.0 ctf* tools, it'll have malformed CTF
data; rebuilding the kernel a second time should fix it, since you'd be
using the 10.1 tools.