Serial console not taking any user inputs.

Rajesh Kumar rajfbsd at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 00:42:57 UTC 2019

Hi,

I am trying to understanding the relation between uart driver and serial
console. This might be a basic question, but trying to understand. Please
advise.

With the serial console settings in handbook, we could get the boot logs in
serial console properly, but after the boot, we couldn't do any keyboard
inputs. Any idea, what could be the possible reasons?

Serial settings: Baud rate 115200, Data bits 8, Stop bits 1, Parity and
Flow control - None.

I could see the "uart" device driver instances from the boot logs properly.
But serial consle still doesn't accept any user inputs. Looks like uart
driver is immaterial to get boot logs in serial console. But after boot,
uart driver seems essetial for serial console. Any idea how uart driver is
related to user inputs in serial console?

Thanks,
Rajesh.