SDHCI Device Driver (first steps)

Marian Asokarajan mail at sashi.de
Tue Sep 19 09:51:41 PDT 2006

Warner Losh wrote:
> It does follow the specs, as far as I can tell.  It crahsed when I
> tried to fdisk the device that was created...
Cool, I'm gonna boot into single user to check if that happens
to the Ricoh chip too.

 > What's expected to work?
- the driver should recognize card insertion and removal
- dump sdhc's register set via /dev/sdhci0
next ToDo:
- read bus architecture docs
- implment bus read/write routines

>>if (sc->firstBARat>0x05 || sc->slots>0x50) ...
> Shouldn't slots be shifted instead?
Yes, first it had ((slots>>4) > 5) but then I thought,
masking slots with 0x70 leaves valid lower values and
an invalid higher value. So I dropped shifting to save CPU time.

> pci_get_vendorid() is what I had in mind.
Ok, I'll go through the code again and do some optimization.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Sashi