Handbook Section 25.2.3.3 Error

Charlie cwr at SDF.ORG
Mon Jan 20 19:51:07 UTC 2014

Greetings all,

First, I want to say "hi," and that I am excited to be part of the FreeBSD
community. I am not much of a developer, but I  have been wanting to help
out with the project for a few months now, so I figured I could probably
try helping with documentation.

While upgrading a box to 10.0-RELEASE today, I happened to glance over the
Handbook page on upgrading FreeBSD, and I believe there is a mistake in
section 25.2.3.3, "Rebuilding Ports After a Major Version Upgrade."

www5.us.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/updating-upgrading-freebsdupdate.html

The portmaster command listed is 'portmaster -f', but I believe it should
be 'portmaster -af'.

Once again, I look forward to helping with the project. I am pretty good
at writing, but not so great at coding and software development, so if
there are any small projects that I might be able to work on, I'd be
interested in learning more.

Looking forward to NYC*BSDCON!

Charlie Ross

cwr at sdf.org SDF Public Access UNIX System -