Would enough people like a tutorial in freebsd developer handbook

Derek Wood ddwood at highdensity.org
Wed Feb 27 21:42:27 UTC 2013

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 06:30:29PM -0700, Warren Block wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Feb 2013, Anthony Brown wrote:
>
> >Would enough people like a tutorial in freebsd developer handbook on
> >freebsd 64 bit assembly language using the c standard library.
>
> Interesting.  But maybe a tutorial would be better as a separate
> article.

I don't feel strongly about this either way, but the current assembly
tutorial is already in the developer's handbook, and I don't think
topic of "FreeBSD assembly language tutorial" should be split between
two pages.

I did a bit of digging, and there isn't really a clear picture on how
the original article got there either. I did a bit of digging, and
there isn't much in the way of PRs or commits, and the only mailing
list post about it was a request to link to it from the tutorials
page. I suspect that there wasn't a discussion about it, but if there
was, it would be interesting to know the details.