Do we really need articles/cvs-freebsd anymore?

Glen Barber gjb at FreeBSD.org
Fri Feb 8 06:13:57 UTC 2013

On Fri, Feb 08, 2013 at 07:07:58AM +0100, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> > My personal preference is to ensure we have a matching svn replacement
> > before removing the cvs-freebsd/ bits, so we do not leave people
> > straggling with converting from one source control system to another,
> > or worse, newcomers that cannot find any documentation on the current
> > source control system.
>
> Fair enough.  The main point of this article is to help people replicate
> the CVS setup that FreeBSD uses.  I can work on describing how someone
> can replicate the subversion setup of FreeBSD, including access-control
> and email notifications, and _then_ we can de-orbit the article and the
> cvs-freebsd setup.

Yes, this is what I meant.  Sorry if that was not clear.

I seem to recall an email from Peter a few months ago (likely to -doc@)
with a rough synopsis of what is needed to seed and run a local svn
mirror.  I will need to look for the email, but he had a nice outline of
what should be included, and how to do it.

Glen