Do we really need articles/cvs-freebsd anymore?

Glen Barber gjb at FreeBSD.org
Fri Feb 8 05:58:09 UTC 2013

On Fri, Feb 08, 2013 at 06:53:10AM +0100, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Now that everything (src, ports, doc) has moved off CVS, does it make
> sense to keep articles/cvs-freebsd around anymore?  I think it's
> probably better to point people away from ncvs/dcvs-style setups.
>
> It may also be worth replacing the cvs-freebsd article with something
> that talks about subversion, or even some of the git repositories
> mentioned in https://wiki.freebsd.org/GitWorkflow - but this can be done
> separately.
>
> So what do you think, is it ok to 'svn rm' the cvs-freebsd/ article and
> then look into replacing it with something more modern?

My personal preference is to ensure we have a matching svn replacement
before removing the cvs-freebsd/ bits, so we do not leave people
straggling with converting from one source control system to another, or
worse, newcomers that cannot find any documentation on the current
source control system.

Glen