Updating translation workflow

Gabor Pali pgj at FreeBSD.org
Tue Aug 20 11:37:16 UTC 2013

Hi Warren,

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 6:07 PM, Warren Block <wblock at wonkity.com> wrote:
> * Translators work too hard.  No automation, no assistance from the
>   computer to see what needs to be translated

I am not sure of this.  A few years ago we seem to have a consensus on
an informal "API" that allows tracking untranslated changes [1].  This
was the %SRCID% tag placed in the translated files.  Using this tag,
one could generate nice stats about the work to do [2], and get the
diffs to work with.  At least, that is what I did for a few years...

> no reuse of previously-translated terms.

I have maintained a vocabulary for the translation of commonly used
expressions [3] in the past.  So I was consistent with myself at least
:-P

[1] http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/cvs-doc/2008-June/018345.html
[2] http://people.freebsd.org/~pgj/checkupdate/fdp.nl.reminder.txt
[3] https://wiki.freebsd.org/HungarianDocumentationProjectVocabulary