Conversion to SVN

Gabor Kovesdan gabor at FreeBSD.org
Sun Oct 9 20:01:11 UTC 2011

On 2011.10.09. 17:33, Marc Fonvieille wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 09, 2011 at 03:57:59PM +0200, Gabor Kovesdan wrote:
>> On 2011.10.08. 11:03, Marc Fonvieille wrote:
>>> And before doing the change, some things should
>>> be done: complete separation between release docs and doc/
>> Or maybe complete integration? Once we are in SVN we can branch release
>> docs even if we do not branch the rest to make it easy for translators.
>> What do you think?
>>
> It's obvious that your point of view can also be defended, but the aim
> from src point of view is to be able to build a release without the need
> of a doc tree.
Yes, I meant moving the release docs entirely to the doc repo. As far as
I know, the main reason it is in src is that the src repo has had
different release branches and the doc repo has been unbranched. If we
go to SVN, we could branch at least the release docs there and it would
not be necessary any more to keep the release docs in the src repo. That
solves all issues that I'm aware of, i.e. branching, building releases
without a doc tree, avoid scattering infrastructure code. Do we need
anything else?

Gabor