[RFC] [patch] Clang section for Porters Handbook

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Mon Nov 16 23:29:55 UTC 2009

Looks nice.  Here are some ideas.

> 	<para>A future version of &os; will likely have the Clang C/C++
> 	  compiler as its base compiler.  Some modifications to the Ports
> 	  Collection are necessary.  In general, these are <quote>write proper

To me, this last sentence is worded a little awkwardly (partly because
of the tense).  How about:

  In general, these involve <quote>generalizing the port</quote> and
  <quote>making the source code portable</quote>.

> 	      so existing occurences have to be removed.  No concensus has yet

  consensus

> 	    <para>The maximum useable optimization level is 3.  Level 4 is

  usable (don't feel bad, I had to look it up)

> 	<para>Some temporary hacks that might be used if all else fails:</para>

I'm almost wondering if the c89 hack might be moved to here, but I'm not sure.

mcl