Handbook : 31.7.2.7.1 Using make world to populate root

Ben Kaduk minimarmot at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 07:03:43 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 6:58 AM, Epita Li<labt3ch at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Been using the very handy handbook to set up my first diskless install,
> found that after "cd /usr/src; make buildworld && make buildkernel"
> completed correctly that "cd /usr/src/etc; make distribution" failed with
> error code 64.  Checking the mailing archives I found this:
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hackers/2006-May/016659.html .
> Should the extra line "make distrib-dirs" be included in the guide, after
> using it make distribution completed sucessfully.
>
> Finding the handbook to be very useful learning BSD coming from an
> experienced windows server background!

My memory is quite hazy, but I think it would be reasonable to mention
'distrib-dirs' in that section.

Would you mind filing a PR so we don't lose track of this (again):
http://www.freebsd.org/send-pr.html

If you include what you would like the text to be, it is more likely
to get acted upon quickly.

Thanks,

Ben Kaduk