Handbook : 31.7.2.7.1 Using make world to populate root

Epita Li labt3ch at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 11:30:50 UTC 2009

Hi

Been using the very handy handbook to set up my first diskless install,
found that after "cd /usr/src; make buildworld && make buildkernel"
completed correctly that "cd /usr/src/etc; make distribution" failed with
error code 64.  Checking the mailing archives I found this:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hackers/2006-May/016659.html .
Should the extra line "make distrib-dirs" be included in the guide, after
using it make distribution completed sucessfully.

Finding the handbook to be very useful learning BSD coming from an
experienced windows server background!

E Li