docs/84154: Handbook somewhat off in use of /boot/kernel.old

Tom Rhodes trhodes at FreeBSD.org
Mon Mar 17 15:21:00 UTC 2008

Hi Gary,

I understand your need to cry, and that's OK with me; however, I
do want to point out that five people (not just myself) have noted
your requested change doesn't really work out for the best.  I'm
really sorry if that makes us the bad guys.

In all honesty, I just agreed with what everyone else thought,
and anyone who reads the follow ups will notice that I didn't touch
or even review the PR back then.  Why?  Because I was ignoring
you for exactly the reason below - blame me for everyone else's
comments.

Have fun :)

On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 21:40:44 GMT
"garys" <garys at opusnet.com> wrote:

> Back on the net.  Deleting mail.  I'm fairly sure I remember this one.  Handbook has it bassakwards or something.  Tom couldn't figure it out back then and apparently still can't.  Or won't.  Oh well.  Just wanted to know I've still got hard feelings about my attempts to help FreeBSD, after more than a year.  I could have put up with the likes of Tom, but those elitist big-contributors who expect others to shut up shut me up good, almost.

Tom Rhodes