Broken host in Anonymous CVS chapter of handbook

Wolfram Schneider wosch at FreeBSD.org
Wed May 30 15:49:34 UTC 2007

On 5/30/07, Remko Lodder <remko at elvandar.org> wrote:
> Pankov Pavel wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > anoncvs.de.FreeBSD.org anoymous CVS server listed in A.3 of handbook
> > (http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/anoncvs.html) is
> > broken. It doesn't even resolve correctly (while others resolve well from
> > same machine):
> >
> > [pankovpv at pankbook /usr/home/pankovpv]$ host anoncvs.de.FreeBSD.org
> > Host anoncvs.de.FreeBSD.org not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
> >
> > I think either it's address should be removed from handbook or it should be
> > fixed.
>
> Hello Pankov,
>
> Thanks for the headsup, I just removed the link from the handbook
> page, we can always re-add it when the host comes back up.
>
> I also CC'ed the german hostmaster to see what is going on with
> anoncvs.de and if we should expect it to return or not.

Hi Remko & Pankov,

I changed the DNS entry for anoncvs.de.freebsd.org.

I don't know what happend to the old  anoncvs.leo.org server. The domain
leo.org is now longer hosted at a munich university.

-Wolfram

--
Wolfram Schneider <wosch at FreeBSD.org> http://wolfram.schneider.org