Broken host in Anonymous CVS chapter of handbook

Remko Lodder remko at elvandar.org
Wed May 30 09:23:43 UTC 2007

Pankov Pavel wrote:
> Hello!
>
> anoncvs.de.FreeBSD.org anoymous CVS server listed in A.3 of handbook
> (http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/anoncvs.html) is
> broken. It doesn't even resolve correctly (while others resolve well from
> same machine):
>
> [pankovpv at pankbook /usr/home/pankovpv]$ host anoncvs.de.FreeBSD.org
> Host anoncvs.de.FreeBSD.org not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
>
> I think either it's address should be removed from handbook or it should be
> fixed.

Hello Pankov,

Thanks for the headsup, I just removed the link from the handbook
page, we can always re-add it when the host comes back up.

I also CC'ed the german hostmaster to see what is going on with
anoncvs.de and if we should expect it to return or not.

Thanks for using FreeBSD and the willingness to improve our
documentation set!

cheers,
remko
--
Kind regards,

     Remko Lodder               ** remko at elvandar.org
     FreeBSD                    ** remko at FreeBSD.org

     /* Quis custodiet ipsos custodes */