found --again-- something weird on handbook chapter 8.3

Paco Cubi francisco.cubi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 08:46:27 UTC 2007

As on my mail of Wed, Mar 07, 2007 I'm reporting what I thing is a mistake
on handbook's chapter 8.3:

The third paragraph states "*Note:* If there is *not* a
/usr/src/sysdirectory on your system, then the kernel source has not
been installed. The
easiest way to do this is by running sysinstall as root, choosing Configure,
then Distributions, then src, then sys. "

But my experience has been that before perfoming this operation make
operation didn't started and show a "dont know how to make" message. My
intuition told me that also the "base" of the "saurce" should be added. I
tryed it an it worked! I believe that the third parragraph should be written
like this:

"*Note:* If there is *not* a /usr/src/sys directory on your system, then the
kernel source has not been installed. The easiest way to do this is by
running sysinstall as root, choosing Configure, then Distributions, then src,
then sys AND BASE. "

I'm quite sure this is the proper answer but since I'm new to this someone
experienced should check this out!

Cheers.