DNS part of the manual

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Mon May 15 06:04:57 UTC 2006

Tom Rhodes wrote:

> Seriously, I've racked my brain on this one, and I think they
> should just be merged with older information removed.  Anyone
> on doc have ideas?

Tom,

You're right, information about BIND 8 should be removed from the handbook.
I'll be happy to assist with writing/reviewing any efforts in this area.

Leo,

I'm sorry for your frustration, but notwithstanding what I said above, the
FreeBSD Handbook should not become a full-featured DNS instruction manual.
DNS is a very complex area, and as you've discovered it is difficult to get
it right. There are several on line help forums for this topic, the best of
which is probably the bind-users list referenced on the ISC web site. You
should also think seriously about investing in a copy of DNS and BIND, Fifth
Edition when it comes out from O'Reilly on 24 May.

hth,

Doug