FreeBSD's minimum memory requirements.

Nikolas Britton nikolas.britton at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 17:54:12 UTC 2006

On 8/28/06, Nikolas Britton <nikolas.britton at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/28/06, Charles Swiger <cswiger at mac.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks for doing these tests!
> >
> > Seconded (or thirded).
> >
> > > (Note: I don't know when I will find time to get this into some docs,
> > > so if anybody else is interested in this please just go forward :-) ).
> >
> > I'm willing to do the SGML markup, so I can take this one.  This
> > information should be used to update the FAQ 3.4 & 3.5 entries, and/
> > or add a section in chapter 4 with the details...?
> >
> > Nikolas, are you OK with this?
> >

> Yep... knock yourself out.

If you can think of anything else now is the time to speak up. It
should be stressed that these memory requirements set the floor... Not
all distribution sets and/or packages on the disc will install using
the minimum amount of ram, for example kde-lite and gnome-lite
packages will hang sysinstall unless you have 64MB ~ 128MB of ram,  I
did not thoroughly test this so speak up now and I'll get you some
numbers to work with.

--
BSD Podcasts @:
http://bsdtalk.blogspot.com/