docs/85928: [patch] typo in ftp-primer (en_US.ISO8859-1)

Pierre Riteau kineox at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 12:50:21 UTC 2005

The following reply was made to PR docs/85928; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Pierre Riteau <kineox at gmail.com>
To: Yar Tikhiy <yar at comp.chem.msu.su>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: docs/85928: [patch] typo in ftp-primer (en_US.ISO8859-1)
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:42:40 +0200

 2005/9/12, Yar Tikhiy <yar at comp.chem.msu.su>:
 > You seem to be missing the whole point.  It is an _example_ of raw
 > HTML source to show to the reader of fdp-primer.

 Oh, now I get it. I was totally misunderstanding the purpose of this
 example. The fact that it was not easy to read made me think that it
 was a mistake. So the french documents is right too. I'm so sorry...

 Thank you for explaining me clearly why I was totally wrong, and I'm
 sorry I wasted your time so much.

 > P.S. I'd rather kill the sentence saying, "Note that the <p> element
 > is not required in the single paragraph case."  First, it is a bogus
 > statement in the presence of CSS.  Second, we'll have nothing to argue
 > over then ;-)

 I'm far from being an expert in HTML/CSS, I want to be sure I am
 understanding well. What do you mean by "style elements implicitly
 associated with the <p> tag" ?

 Pierre