Make World Frequent Problems Section

Travis McArthur travis at travisbsd.org
Tue Jan 13 03:43:47 UTC 2004

Hello,

I have been working with FreeBSD for several years now, and have used make world often to update my system.  I used the handbook to do this, however, I still had several minor issues.  Originally, these problems took me a while to figure out, mostly because I had no idea how to fix them, but once one learns how, they are simple stupid problems such as an incorrect CMOS clock.  However, the handbook doesn't mention most of these issues, and if it does, it does so in a very short manor.

I am interesting in possibly writting a sub-section for the make world section of the handbook detailing some common issues/errors that make world produces, which are also easily solvable.  I think this could also reduce some questions on the other mailinglists reguarding small errors such as "touch not found", etc.

Wanted to check to see if anyone believes this would be useful or no before I begin writting, and if it would be useful, common problems that you have experienced.

Thanks!
Travis

--
Travis McArthur