docs/62914: Reference development(7) in other parts of documentation

Simon Barner barner at in.tum.de
Mon Feb 16 15:00:33 UTC 2004

>Number:         62914
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       Reference development(7) in other parts of documentation
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD zi025.glhnet.mhn.de 4.9-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 4.9-PRERELEASE #1: Thu Sep 4 20:49:53 CEST 2003 simon at zi025.glhnet.mhn.de:/usr/src/sys/compile/KISTE i386

As stated by Richard Coleman in
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hackers/2004-February/005714.html

the development(7) man page should be cross-referenced in other parts of
the FreeBSD documentation, e.g. in the Developer's Handbook.

I could even imagine a section in Chapter 2 "Programming Tools", which could
be something like "Setting up a FreeBSD development environment", where
the (eventually revised) contents of the man page could be rewritten
in DocBook. I could do the man page -> DocBook conversion, but without
any contributions with regards to contents.

If a new section in the Developer's Handbook in inappropriate, then the
man page should be at least be linked somewhere.

>How-To-Repeat:

N/A

>Fix:

N/A