make in /usr/doc

Marc Fonvieille blackend at FreeBSD.org
Mon Nov 17 21:49:29 UTC 2003

On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 05:37:53AM +0900, Hiroki Sato wrote:

>  I think that is not a bug in a sense.  We use groff (grops) to convert
>  .pic to .ps, but its default paper size is US letter, I guess.
>  So ps2epsi needs to accept US letter size by default; otherwise, an error
>  can occur.

It is a bug because it crashes since we upgraded Groff, it's not the 1st
time a workaround is needed for GS.

>  Another workaround is adding "-P -p -P a4" to groff's flag as the
>  following patch does.  With the flags the build should work fine
>  without regardless to A4=yes.  I am not sure if this always works, but
>  could you try this?  If it works properly, I will commit it.

It's a better solution (I did not tested it btw, but it seems Ok).
Please add a comment in the file to explain the change is a workaround
to avoid crash of ps2epsi.  Btw if you check that file you will note
another GS bug workaround :)

Marc