HTML in Handbook/Install

Christian Brueffer chris at unixpages.org
Sun Mar 30 13:43:53 UTC 2003

On Sun, Mar 30, 2003 at 08:13:34AM -0500, Jed Clear wrote:
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install-start.html
> is unusable with Netscape 4.8 (on WinME).  All the screen shots block
> text.
>
> Of course that page looks fine in Netscape 7.x, IE 5.5, and Konquerer
> 3.0.4.
>
> I realize Netscape 4.x is getting a little long in the tooth, but I'm
> loath to give up the right-press context menus.
>
> -Jed

Hi,

this problem has been reported before, it is caused by the stylesheets
we use.  Turning off CSS in NS 4.x works around it.
This is probably a bug in NS, but one can never be sure.

If you want to help resolving this problem, you could comment out parts
of the stylesheets to see where exactly it breaks.

- Christian

--
Christian Brueffer	chris at unixpages.org	brueffer at FreeBSD.org
GPG Key:	 http://people.freebsd.org/~brueffer/brueffer.key.asc