Round two of the front page structure changes...

Christian Brueffer chris at unixpages.org
Tue Dec 2 23:31:48 UTC 2003

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 04:51:48PM -0600, Mark Linimon wrote:
> I don't have too much of a problem with any of this, but now that I read
> over the live page, I think we've got the security advisories too far down
> the page.  Suggestions?
>
> Also I might suggest switching the order of 'software' and 'platform
> support',
> since 'software' is the more general of the two.  Perhaps 'platform support'
> should even be a subhead of 'software'?  I'm just brainstorming here.
>
> I want to add, however, that "Development" looks pretty close to the
> Right Thing for me, and not just because part of it was my idea :-),
> it just "looks right" now.
>
> There's plenty of other work to do on this stuff IMHO.

I think the 'Contributing to FreeBSD' link is misplaced in the 'Development'
section.  It implies, that you have to be a developer, to support FreeBSD.
That's exactly the thinking we want to prevent :-)

However, I don't have a better suggestion at the moment, maybe sleep
will bring some ideas.

- Christian

--
Christian Brueffer	chris at unixpages.org	brueffer at FreeBSD.org