Round two of the front page structure changes...

Tom Rhodes trhodes at FreeBSD.org
Wed Dec 3 02:01:25 UTC 2003

On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 00:26:50 +0100
Christian Brueffer <chris at unixpages.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 04:51:48PM -0600, Mark Linimon wrote:
> > I don't have too much of a problem with any of this, but now that I read
> > over the live page, I think we've got the security advisories too far down
> > the page.  Suggestions?
> >
> > Also I might suggest switching the order of 'software' and 'platform
> > support',
> > since 'software' is the more general of the two.  Perhaps 'platform support'
> > should even be a subhead of 'software'?  I'm just brainstorming here.
> >
> > I want to add, however, that "Development" looks pretty close to the
> > Right Thing for me, and not just because part of it was my idea :-),
> > it just "looks right" now.
> >
> > There's plenty of other work to do on this stuff IMHO.
> >

> I think the 'Contributing to FreeBSD' link is misplaced in the 'Development'
> section.  It implies, that you have to be a developer, to support FreeBSD.
> That's exactly the thinking we want to prevent :-)
>
> However, I don't have a better suggestion at the moment, maybe sleep
> will bring some ideas.

Well, we do have the donations link up there.  We also have project
websites for tasks like C99, busdma, SMP and other things.  If they
had a 'call for help' on them (indeed the task list should be enough),
perhaps that would be a route to go.

--
Tom Rhodes