website related questions

Pav Lucistnik pav at oook.cz
Sun Aug 24 22:37:41 UTC 2003

V po, 25. 08. 2003 v 00:04, Ceri Davies píše:

> > 3) Website validity (according to W3 Validator). Even our homepage now
> > fails to validate. Should I submit fixes, as PRs maybe?
>
> I worked on this some time ago, but the work was greeted with some
> indifference.  See the posting at
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=freebsd-doc&m=104955591810574&w=2 for
> some vague details, although I am sure I have posted other patches
> since then.

I don't see any clearly negative replies. We definately should have the
website validate.

BTW in the old thread you linked above, you was wondering about xmlns
attribute propagating to output pages. This is valid behaviour by specs
and it can be cancelled by adding

exclude-result-prefixes="cvs"

to <xslt:stylesheet> element. It's happening on my local copy of
news/newsflash.xsl but obviously it's not happening on www.freebsd.org,
I don't know why. Should I send it as a PR?

> Let us know what form your patches would take, and we'll take it from
> there.

I'm planning on producing a lot of small patches, as I go and notice
things. You can see first fruit as PR 55938.

I feel uncomfortable about filing many small PRs in GNATS, if some
committer would agree on taking care of such patches, I'd submit them
directly to him.

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav at oook.cz>
What do we know about love? Love is like a pear. Pear is sweet and have