Can text/x-diff be added to the list of allowed attachments?

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Sun Aug 24 21:46:13 UTC 2003

>From: Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock at gmx.net>
>To: postmaster at freebsd.org
>Subject: Can text/x-diff be added to the list of allowed attachments?
>Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 00:22:24 +0200

>text/x-diff is the MIME-type KDE applications assign for files produced by=
>=20
>diff(1), including kmail (KDE's mail user agent application). Right now, I=
>=20
>(or any other kmail user) cannot send patches to freebsd mailing lists=20
>because of this.

OK; that should work now.

You might want to test it (by posting to freebsd-test at freebsd.org)
before going hog-wild, but at this point, failure to accept text/x-diff
(for any list that accepts text/x-pach, anyway -- all of them but
mailman@) is someting I consider a "bug".

Peace,
david       (current hat: postmaster at freebsd.org)
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
If you want true virus-protection for your PC, install a non-Microsoft OS
on it.  Plausible candidates include FreeBSD, Linux, NetBSD, OpenBSD, and
Solaris (in alphabetical order).