RFC: swapon(8) vnode-backed md and gbde/geli encryption support

Hiroki Sato hrs at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jun 27 08:07:16 UTC 2013

Hiroki Sato <hrs at freebsd.org> wrote
  in <20130623.035356.644417021040610458.hrs at allbsd.org>:

hr> Hi,
hr>
hr>  I created a patchset to add support of automatic generation of
hr>  vnode-backed md(4) devices and gbde/geli geom providers to swapon(8)
hr>  via /etc/fstab.  We already have equivalent functionality by using
hr>  rc.d scripts.  This simplifies rc.d scripts and fixes a race between
hr>  mdconfig/gbde/geli and swapon/swapoff by using /etc/fstab.

 A slightly revised patch is attached.  I will commit this today.

-- Hiroki