Boot with ZFS on single disk: "ZFS: i/o error - all block copies unavailable" [was: Re: GPT boot with ZFS RAIDZ "ZFS: i/o error - all block copies unavailable"]

Robert Noland rnoland at FreeBSD.org
Thu Nov 19 16:24:04 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-11-19 at 11:21 +0100, Emil Smolenski wrote:
> Matt Reimer wrote:
> > Robert's on to something. It looks like your LBAs are probably
> > overflowing 32 bits. This would affect all vdev regardless of type.
> > Try the attached patch.
>
> Robert Noland wrote:
> >> 220000de400
> > This divided by 512 byte block size is 33 bits... At a glance, the patch
> > looks ok to me.  I'll do a more thorough review of this tomorrow.
>
> Unfortunately it don't work. Error is the same as before:

Ok, I was concerned about the assembly code... So, I've been chatting
with jhb@ this morning.  Please try this patch that jhb@ came up with
instead of Matt's latest patch.

robert.

--