Unable to build HEAD

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Thu Aug 6 02:41:49 UTC 2009

Kevin Oberman wrote:
> I want to try out 8.0 and am trying to build it on a quad core Xenon
> system.
>
> I deleted the contents of /usr/obj and most of /usr/src,

Haven't you just answered most of your own question? :) Seriously
though, why would you think it's ok to just delete most of src? Blow
away /usr/obj again, move your current source tree out of the way, and
check out a clean one.

> make.conf has nothing except KERNCONF and Perl version lines.

Ok.

> make.src is:

What is make.src? Are you thinking of src.conf perhaps? Try checking
the man page for src.conf if you need more info. A quick check seems
to indicate that all of the knobs you have below are valid in any case.

hth,

Doug