Firefox on -current dumps core.

Wolfram Fenske Wolfram.Fenske at Student.Uni-Magdeburg.DE
Mon Jul 17 04:26:41 UTC 2006

Patrick Bowen <pbowen at fastmail.fm> writes:

> Hello.
>
> I recently upgraded a Gateway MX6121 from 6.1 stable to -current,
> following the canonical procedure in /usr/src/UPDATING, and now
> whenever I try to start firefox, it dumps a core file (segmentation
> fault). Firefox was compiled from source under 6.1.
>
> Should I have upgraded from 6.1 to -current, and /then/ start adding
> ports, or does that matter?

When I upgraded about two weeks ago, a lot of programs dumped core.
Rebuilding fixed that.  I didn't have these problems when I upgraded
before, not even from 6.0 to 7.0-current, just this last time.

Regards
Wolfram