Firefox on -current dumps core.

unk.nown at unix.net unk.nown at unix.net
Mon Jul 17 02:18:45 UTC 2006

well, here you should check the versioning of firefox -- especially to
ensure what you are building because 2.0 beta 1 has come out -- perhaps
the issues are there -- as for ports -- you can rebuild your ports -- some
recommend portupgrade -- a port in and of itself -- if you choose to run
portupgrade -- you can run "portupgrade -arRD" -- in order to update all
of your ports POST CVSUP -- with the correct supfile -- i would first
check your firefox

=)

good luck

-jt

> Hello.
>
> I recently upgraded a Gateway MX6121 from 6.1 stable to -current,
> following the canonical procedure in /usr/src/UPDATING, and now whenever
> I try to start firefox, it dumps a core file (segmentation fault).
> Firefox was compiled from source under 6.1.
>
> Should I have upgraded from 6.1 to -current, and /then/ start adding
> ports, or does that matter? I've done some preliminary googling, but not
> found anything that looks terribly recent or promising.
>
> Any hints appreciated.

-jt