Sync Error: Sign in Again - Looping (was Re: using API keys in the FreeBSD Chromium port) FreeBSD Chromium port)

Lawrence K. Chen, P.Eng. lkchen at ksu.edu
Fri Jun 21 20:10:08 UTC 2013

I later recalled the 'echo .dump | sqlite3 old.db | sqlite3 new.db' trick....still wonder how it get's messed up again, or perhaps the sqliteman thing did ... didn't really fix, but rather the restart made it look like it was.  Though when I had looked at my system at home last night, it was showing this error...but it wasn't asking me to sign in again yet.

chrome://sync

Type Info

Favicon Images		|Error: ProcessSyncChanges at chrome/browser/sync/glue/generic_change_processor.cc:326, Failed to create Favicon Images node: UpdateSyncState at chrome/browser/sync/glue/favicon_cache.cc:701, entry already exists	|0	|0
Favicon Tracking	|Error: ProcessSyncChanges at chrome/browser/sync/glue/favicon_cache.cc:326, One or both favicon types disabled.	|0	|0

I should fire up chrome on some other computer and see what it thinks of Favicon....though the sign in again problem has only been on FreeBSD for me.