Problems With New Audio CD

Programmer In Training pit at joseph-a-nagy-jr.us
Wed Apr 7 20:40:14 UTC 2010

On 04/07/10 14:45, Kevin Kinsey wrote:
> Kevin Kinsey wrote:
>> Programmer In Training wrote:
>>> I would go to questions, but I'm not sure it's relevant there so I
>>> thought I'd ask here.
>>>
>>> I just received a new, never been unwrapped before I touched it, audio
>>> CD (Santcus Real, Pieces of a Real Heart). I can play it via 'cdcontrol
>>> play' but it won't play in VLC, Audacious won't recognize it, and
>>> Asunder can't rip it (for my fair use copy).
>>
>> Tried lame?
>
> Ok, so you don't wanna rip it.  You can't "mount" an audio CD.
> As a non-root user, you can't access the CD directly.  You can't
> run vlc by itself as the superuser, so you're stuck?  Is this
> correct?
>
> Try "sudo vlc-wrapper", then try "Open Disc", pick CD, and
> Track 0.  Does that work?

No, it doesn't. Good idea though (and I've been meaning to install sudo).

So it's safe to assume this CD is copy protected.

Thanks for the help guys and again, sorry if this was the wrong list to
post to.

--
Yours In Christ,

PIT
Original content copyright under the OWL http://owl.apotheon.org
Please do not CC me. If I'm posting to a list it is because I am subscribed.