Newbie Question - about newbie user support

KAYVEN RIESE kayve at sfsu.edu
Wed Mar 26 19:52:10 PDT 2008

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008, christopher wrote:

>> Where would be the right place to go looking to
>> subscribe to a newbie level user-support list?
>> Perhaps rephrased 'complete newbie user support list'
>> ... LOL

I just felt like chiming in.  It has seemed to me that
freebsd-hacker is a nice intermediate list.  Less volume,
and wtf does 'hacker' mean?  in other words, it seems open
to wide variety of questionings.  I have been running freeBSD
for only a few years myself, and I still need to muster
up more courage for kernel builds and cvsup, but I am feeling
that I am making progress.  To tell the truth, I wouldn't
mind someone else chiming in on their understanding about
what "freebsd-hacker" is for.