Announce: FreeSBIE-2.0-RELEASE available!

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Tue Jan 16 00:07:48 UTC 2007

On 2007-01-16 02:22, Andrew Pantyukhin <infofarmer at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>On 1/16/07, Giorgos Keramidas <keramida at ceid.upatras.gr> wrote:
>>On 2007-01-15 21:21, Matteo Riondato <matteo at freebsd.org> wrote:
>>> FreeSBIE 2.0-RELEASE (codename Clint Eastwood) is based on the fresh
>>> FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE, both in terms of sources and of packages.
>>
>> My goodness!  You guys are fast :)
>>
>>> Enjoy FreeSBIE and spread FreeBSD!
>>
>> Go Matteo and FreeSBIE team, go...
>>
>> You have my sincerest thanks and gratitude.  For one thing, I used
>> FreeSBIE to test laptops in local computer shops, until I found one
>> that I liked.
>
> *sigh* Too bad they don't allow it in Moscow retail outlets. On
> several occasions I tried to ask for it and every time I get a pair of
> wild eyes looking at me where I can read "you're going to install a
> virus and they'll fire me"...

Oh, don't feel too bad.  Things are not exactly heavenly here either.

In many retail outlets, even going anywhere *near* the systems triggers
the wild-eye syndrome you describe.  I just make it a point to *avoid*
these retail stores and use the ones that can satisfy my curiosity :)

<shameless plug>

One of the friendliest teams, most technically competent and overall
"great guys" team is the one from play247.gr (where I eventually bought
my laptop from).

I always look there _first_, and only if I can't find what I want I
search elsewhere now :)

</shameless plug>