BSDLinux OS

Nikolas Britton nikolas.britton at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 17:56:27 GMT 2005

On 8/20/05, David Richards <davidr at skyforge.net> wrote:
> if you want a linux os that acts like freebsd, try debian or gentoo.
> They are as close as you are going to get with a freebsdlinux-os
> and I think a lot of peopple on here will ignore you or tell you what
> they truely think of linux.

I don't like Linux (distros) as much as the next guy around these
parts of the woods, the whole thing is just a sloppy mess. Debian's
development style and community seem to closely match BSDs but the
system, and gentoo's, are too different.

What defines Berkeley UNIX from SysV style UNIX and Linux?... What
makes BSD BSD and SysV SysV. We have the lineage from 4.4BSD-Lite but
what else?