GPL vs BSD Licence

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Sun Oct 31 15:37:18 PST 2004

At 3:05 PM -0800 2004-10-31, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

>  And as I've already told you, there is no guarentee that anything
>  posted long long ago has any relevance to today.

	Has the GPL changed since then?  Has the BSD license changed
since then?  Have the laws changed since then?

	If none of these things have changed, then I don't see how they
would be any less relevant today than they were at the time they were
originally said.

	Moreover, if you want to dredge up this old flame war, you need
to provide proof that what they said is no longer relevant, as
opposed to requiring them to prove that it is still relevant.

	Since you can't do that, your entire basis for your revisiting
this ancient flame war is totally invalid.

>>  And now, please, let the thread die and don't bother answering to this
>>  either.
>
>  If you want the thread dead, don't keep it alive by continuing to add
>  to it.

	Let me be the second person to request that you let this thread
die yet once again.

	Let me also say that if you persist in continuing this line, I
will take this matter up with the FreeBSD postmaster and the list
administrators, and do everything I can to get you unsubscribed from
the list and your posting privileges revoked.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755