Personal patches

Gary W. Swearingen underway at comcast.net
Tue Jan 6 13:55:59 PST 2004

Allan Bowhill <abowhill at blarg.net> writes:

> On  0, Brad Knowles <brad.knowles at skynet.be> wrote:
>:
>:	Prepare to be fingerprinted.

> Few U.S. citizens haven't been.

Now they can prepare to be DNA databased, as U.K. citizens have.
Orwell was an optimist.

I heard a new twist on it last week.  Cops want a guy's DNA and don't
want to bother a judge to use his search warrant rubber stamp.  So
they send the guy a letter which causes the guy to send a return
letter.  (I forget the ruse -- a prize announcement or something.  The
report didn't say whether it had a Police letterhead or was something
more covert.)  So he licks the envelope and/or stamp, drops it in the
mail, and now his DNA is in the database.  (Yes, it matched.)

Anybody know when the term "sheeple" was coined?  I first heard it
last year on a talk show; maybe Limbaugh, but probably Dr. Michael
Savage (who I recommend to those who think Limbaugh is extreme or
offensive).

USA, 06 January 1984+20