Thank you for opting-in

Roger 'Rocky' Vetterberg listsub at 401.cx
Fri Dec 19 11:19:17 PST 2003

I do not intend to feed any kind of troll here, but does anyone know why
people keep signing up chat@ (and other lists) to different mailinglists?
This has puzzled me for a while, and I cant really find any logical
reason for it. I guess it might be an attempt to annoy people, but since
signing up for the mailinglist probably is just as much or even more
work then unsubscribing from it, there must be another reason.

Does anyone care to explain the logic behind this behaviour?

Entrepreneur.com wrote:

> Thank you for opting-in to receive the free E_Business,
> Franchise_Zone, Growing_A_Business, Sales_and_Marketing,
> Soyentrepreneur, Starting_A_Business newsletter published by
> Entrepreneur.com.
>
> Our monthly e-mail newsletter (which you should receive shortly)
> keeps you informed with timely business information every
> entrepreneur should know. We'll also tell you what's new on
> entrepreneur.com and let you know about special discounts and
> services from our partners.

*snipped a lot of bullshit*