Memory advice

Alex Zepeda zipzippy at sonic.net
Thu Dec 18 12:08:53 PST 2003

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 08:18:32AM -0600, David Kelly wrote:

> When you order from Crucial, order from the Macintosh section. Or order
> from a Macintosh vendor such as http://www.macsales.com/

I was trying to avoid this merely because of the price (+$10/stick).

A quick glance at the specs showed that they listed the same chip densities for
the PC100 and 'Mac approved 66mhz' 128MB sticks.  I'm not too eager to experiment
if I'm going to have to pay for return shipping.

> Also for a long time PC133 was backwards compatible with PC100 but then
> something changed and not all PC133 worked in PC100 systems.

But.. why would it function in a 66mhz system if it were having timing issues?

Aside from only seeing half of the capacity, it's rock solid in the Mac (as much
as running an old NetBSD-current can be considered rock solid).

- alex